The Internet is full of antivirus reviews that help you pick the most suitable solution for your device. You can learn virtually everything about the software before the purchase and be sure it will serve you well. Today, we’ll learn more about PC Matic and whether the program is good enough for your laptop or smartphone.
Most PC Matic reviews agree on one thing. This program a combination of antivirus and a set of tools that will also boost the system’s performance. Sadly, it comes with a few big disadvantages you can’t fail to notice. For instance, it often blocks valid apps/programs. It’s very annoying and takes extra time to adjust the settings and whitelist the app.
One of the advantages is the complete Android support. It implies that you can install the program to your Android-running smartphone or tablet and enjoy the services without a huge impact on the system. Mind that the interface can seem quite confusing as it differs from the traditional ones.
The advantages and disadvantages of PC Matic
Let’s begin with learning why you should take some time to learn more about the antivirus. The main advantages of using PC Matic include:
- Very good protection based on the whitelisting. Unlike most software that has a list of malware it should detect, MC Matic has a list of apps that aren’t threats. That’s why it blocks everything unknown.
- After scans, the results are informative and clear.
- The bundle comes with a set of tools to help your PC run smoothly.
- Use a 30-day money-back guarantee offer to test this antivirus. It is more than enough to test all the features and decide whether you’d like to keep using it.
- PC Matic is affordable and doesn’t cost too much compared to the rivals.
- You can buy a lifetime subscription. This is the most popular plan that will cost you the least in the long run.
On the other hand, this program is never at the top of the list because it has some big flaws that need to be fixed. Let’s enumerate some of them to help you make up your mind.
- First of all, there is a frequently occurring issue when PC Matic blocks legit software. Clearly, the whitelist engine needs to be modified or expanded so that some popular and valid apps can be used without any delays or problems.
- The independent test labs have revealed that the program has an abundance of false positives. Also, there are not so many labs that have tested it.
- Lots of users and experts agree that the full scan needs major improvements.
- The interface is rather complicated and it’s hard to navigate the program, let alone run manual scans.
- Sometimes it slows down the PC’s performance and apps’ launch.
- There is no USB Scan.
Top 5 things you must know about PC Matic
In general, it’s an average-quality software that delivers moderate protection. Hopefully, the developers pay attention to the users’ needs and expectations to make their product better and more reliable.
However, there are a few great and interesting innovations that are worth your attention. For instance, this is the only antivirus that has such a unique mechanism of detecting viruses and malware. It’s based on whitelisting and has Fileless Script Block as well as RDP Port Controls.
The convenience of the program also covers a variety of devices, languages, etc. It works on every Windows even as old as XP. Moreover, it’s now available for Android.
The program comes with a built-in AdBlocker to improve your browsing experience. This tool blocks the ads on the sites you visit.
Finally, it’s easy to set up. The automated PC maintenance is also rather helpful. If you look for an all-in-one product and your PC is somewhat outdated, this might be a very good solution.